A few days ago, we spent a wonderful evening with some dear friends.
Lately, I’m all about organizing ahead and anticipating as much as I can before receiving guests, so that I can really enjoy the moment. Also, motherhood put me in a total “simplicity mood” – I resume my entertaining to simple, easy recipes, while focusing on setting a quiet, relaxed atmosphere. Often times, I like to listen to jazzy lounge music while I’m preparing the table.
- write down the menu (appetizers, main course, dessert, drinks) and keep on referring to it as a checklist;
- anticipate the decorations: plates, glasses, tablecloth, napkins;
- set up an inviting mood: flowers, candles, chill music;
- make sure the bathroom is clean: fresh towels , toilet paper supply, deodorizer, etc;
- most importantly: ENJOY! If you didn’t finish preparing before your guests arrive, invite them in the kitchen for appetizers, while you finish up. 🙂
- it is preferable that you clean everything up when your guests are gone. Waking up to a clean kitchen the next day makes entertaining look like a breeze!