Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it.
For me, 2016 was about learning, self-discovery, growing and exploring. I loved, I laughed, I cried, I hurt, I missed, I danced, I traveled, I’ve made mistakes, I meditated, I connected, I believed and I learnt.
This is what I retained:
- You have to give and expect absolutely nothing in return – “Love is that micro moment of warmth and connection that you share with another living being” ( Barbara Fredrikson)
- Smile – “Our behavior toward each others is a reflection of our treatment of ourselves” (Ben Tal Shahar)
- Meditate – ” You can’t stop the waves, but you can learn to surf” (John-Kabat Zinn)
- Be lazy – “I will always chose a lazy person to do a difficult job, because they will find an easy way to do it” (Bill gates)
- 25% of job success is predicted by IQ, 75% of job success is predicted by your optimism levels, social support and your ability to see stress as a challenge instead as a threat (Shawn Achor)
- Keep a gratitude journal
- Chose a mantra and repeat it every morning
- Move – dance, walk, do yoga
In the upcoming weeks, I will unplug. I will use this time to resource, reflect and cherish every moment with my family and loved ones.
Join me in 2017 with new discoveries and adventures. Happy holidays!!!!!